The most awaited VW Tiguan SUV is finally here for sale in India with the starting price of Rs. 27.98 lakh. There are two variants: Comfortline and Highline that are priced at Rs. 27.98 lakh and Rs. 31.38 lakh respectively. With the launch of the Tiguan, VW has now again entered the SUV segment in India, four years after Touareg SUV was stopped.
The VW Tiguan that has come to India is the second gen model and is based on the ‘MQB’ platform.
Volkswagen Tiguan Price in India
|Volkswagen Tiguan Variants||Price(Ex-showroom Delhi)|
|ComfortLine 2.0 TDI DSG||₹ 27.98 lakh|
|Highline 2.0 TDI DSG||₹ 31.38 lakh|
The all-new VW Tiguan will be powered by a diesel powertrain- a 2-litre TDI engine that is capable of churning 141 bhp and developing a peak torque of 340 Nm. The turbocharged, four-cylinder oil burner comes mated to the company’s tried and tested 7-speed DSG automatic transmission.
Volkswagen Tiguan Engine Specifications
|Engine Type||2.0-litre, 4-cylinder|
|Max Power||141 bhp at 4,000 rpm|
|Max Torque||340 Nm at 1,750-2,750 rpm|
|Gearbox||7-speed DSG automatic|
|Claimed Efficiency||17.06 kmpl|
|Drivetrain||4Motion Intelligent AWD|
This will be the first SUV to be made on the popular MQB platform that has been launched in India. As far as its design is concerned, the Tiguan is not very aggressive and butch like typical SUVs. The design is inspired from the Golf and the Passat.
Volkswagen Tiguan Features
- LED headlamps
- Fog lamps
- 17-inch or 18-inch diamond cut alloy wheels (depending on the variant)
- An electrically operated tailgate with an adjustable opening angle
- The 5-seater cabin features a well laid-out interior with comfortable upholstery and a well-equipped dashboard.
Volkswagen Tiguan Dimensions
|Ground Clearance||149 mm|
The second gen VW Tiguan is 60 mm longer, 30 mm wider and sits 33 mm lower than its predecessor, which makes it perfect for long distance highway travel. Also, for your off-roading adventures, the Tiguan is equipped with its 4Motion all-wheel-drive (AWD) system, which comes as standard on both the variants.
Volkswagen Tiguan Interior
- Flat-bottom steering wheel equipped with several in-car controls like music, telephony and more.
- The centre console is highlighted by an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink support.
- The Highline variant also comes with a panoramic sunroof, illuminated scuff plates, Dark Grid inserts for dashboard and front door panels, and ambient lighting.
Volkswagen Tiguan Rivals
- The Toyota Fortuner
- Ford Endeavour
- The newly launched Isuzu MU-X
- The upcoming Skoda Kodiaq