If you are planning to buy a new car for yourself this year, and if you are really cautious about the kind of car that you would buy, then read on. If this is going to be your first car, and if you are tight on your budget and would rather look for a budget-friendly sedan to start with, then you shall need a bit of guidance, check out this 5 Best Hatchback Cars Under 5 Lakhs in India
Best Hatchback Cars Under 5 Lakhs in India
Answering all of these queries and rising to the occasion are a few modern brands like Maruti and Hyundai, which have come up with best and reasonably priced Hatchback and cars per se. These cars are priced anywhere between 3 and 5 lakhs only.
We have listed a few of our picks here for your convenience to guide you better.
Cars That are Between 3 and 5 lakhs
- Hyundai Eon
- Tata Tiago
- Hyundai i10
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
These are our top five cars that are already uppermost ranking in the country and the sales figures continue to exist.
#1. Hyundai Eon
If there is a car that continues to be a big draw in the market even after a few years, then it has to be Hyundai Eon. The car is the Best Buy in the market and its stylish exteriors, and spacious interiors are going to amaze the first-timers. The car gives a top mileage of 21.1kmpl, which is exceptional! We give it the first rank in our list, and we believe that it fully justifies this position.
- 5-speed manual transmission
- The two engines- 1.0L Kappa engine offering 9.6kgm torque and good performance along with being light in weight and the 0.8l IRDE engine is all about speed and mileage that shall be perfect for those who wish to drive long.
- The car comes in six variants and all of them are superb for the drivers who seek class and comfort.
- The driver gets an additional safety measure called the Supplementary Restraint system. Besides that, the side-impact beams and the reinforced body structure help it from any major collision.
- Comfortable seats, with cup holders, and storage space in the dashboard and near the central consoles are surely helpful.
Price: The Hyundai Eon comes at a price range of Rs.3.28 lakhs to Rs.4.5 lakhs.
You may also like visit: Best Sedan Cars under 6 lakh in India
#2. Tata Tiago
The Tata brand has always been closer to the heart of every citizen, and the company also shows its love through its cars. The Tata Tiago comes with Revotron Petrol and Revotorq Diesel engines that come with first in segment multi-drive modes of Eco and City. The car offers style with keen attention to the safety of the driver and passengers in the equal measure too. In fact, the car has been a big draw right from the time it hit the market and garnered plenty of bookings even before its actual launch! Let us check out a few key features that you shall like to know before you go to test-drive the Tata Tiago. This car comes second in our list of budget cars, and the reasons are aplenty, as we shall discuss now.
- Safety is one of the top features that the Tiago offers with features of Corner Stability Control or CSC and dual airbags.
- The car offers an impressive mileage of 27.3kmpl from its petrol variant and 27.28kmpl from its diesel variant.
- The car has central locking and power steering facilities but no brake assists features.
- The first-in-segment feature of Smartphone-enabled Turn-by-Turn Navigation is a great add-on.
Price: The Tata Tiago’s diesel variant comes at Rs 3.2 lakhs and the petrol version come at Rs. 4.61lakhs only as the ex-showroom price.
#3. Hyundai i10
The time Hyundai launched the latest Hyundai i10 people had not expected that soon it would be one of the best deal within five lakhs! Today the 1086cc engine is something that everyone talks about and those who have already gone on a test drive are going to ga-ga about it. The car comes in CNG and petrol engines and comes in four variants too.
- Low emission and a mileage of 19.8kmpl are the first things to notice.
- 2-Tone chrome grille and wraparound headlights are what the exteriors shall have and they look amazing too.
- The i10 gets waistline moulding and body coloured package, which gives in class to the vehicle per se.
- Two-tone interiors and the blue illuminated infotainment system is what you get from the i10.
Price: The ex-showroom price range of i10 is between Rs.4.49 lakhs and Rs. 5.53 lakhs making it a very affordable buy!
#4. Maruti Suzuki Celerio
First things first, the Maruti brand has always been a pioneer in offering affordable cars in various segments- from hatchbacks to SUV’s. The brand is not going to disappoint you when it comes to offering the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The car comes in a list of variants and in amazing colours and at a price, which shall suit your budget to the T. The DDiS 125.2-cylinder diesel engine is going to wow you if you are not going to look at the petrol engine.
- The hatchback look that this car gets from the makers, shall make it look a tad small from the exteriors. Nevertheless, the curved two-stat grille connecting the headlights and the front bumper are things that would strike you.
- Celerio gets over 20 variants which are really impressive and besides that, it gets 2 transmission and three fuel options to pick from and six colours if you are looking for some brightness in life!
- You get anti-lock braking system, airbags besides mileage between 23.1kmpl and 31.7kmpl across variants and engines.
- You get ORVM Turn indicators, CICO styling, front fog lamps, and a large expanse of interiors for those who love space.
Price: The Average ex-showroom price of the base model of Suzuki Celerio comes at Rs 4.18 lakhs.
#5. Maruti Suzuki Swift
Maruti once again makes it to the top five of our list with its affordable Maruti Suzuki Swift. The Swift has always been a head-turner and another time Maruti goes out of its way to bring out 13 variants, and with 2 engines and 2 fuel options.
- The Maruti Suzuki Swift gets the tiltable steering wheel for maximum comfort
- The passengers and drivers also get really plush seats too.
- The interiors are truly modern with a Push start button, steering mounted audio controls, and automatic climate control.
- The car gets K12 Petrol and DDiS Diesel engines for the drivers to pick.
Price: The average ex-showroom price is Rs.4.92 lakhs onwards, which shall just fit your budget!
These days, while buying a car one has to keep in mind the people who shall be using it and if that is going to be the car for the future, then it shall have to be spacious also.
Currently, there are a few popular brands that sell sedans, crossovers, compacts, hatchbacks and SUV’s, and has a good model in each of these. So, take your time, pick from one of these five cars in the market, and enjoy a luxurious drive.