At the Auto Expo, Renault presented a number of concept options of the popular Kwid hatchback. Also, they talked about putting them into production. As a result, SUV-ish Kwid Climber has finally launched. In terms of looks the Kwid is already very crossover like. The visual upgrades made in the Climber variant will only improve that look. The Renault Kwid Climber is launched at Rs. 4.30 lakh.
Renault Kwid Climber Price in India
- Renault Kwid Climber 1.0 L Manual Rs. 4.30 lakh
- Renault Kwid Climber 1.0 L AMT Rs. 4.60 lakh
On the launch of Kwid CLIMBER, Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and Managing Director, Renault India Operations, said, “Renault Kwid is a great success, revolutionizing the compact hatchback segment in India. At Renault, we are committed to our core specialty of ‘concept innovation’, with the endeavor of redefining a segment, offering new and innovative products to customers. The Renault Kwid CLIMBER has been developed keeping in mind specific customer needs and caters to diverse audiences, becoming the perfect offering for young achievers who are moving up places steadfastly. This new launch reflects our intent to keep pace with global innovations and at the same time make products to suit the local needs.”
Renault Kwid Climber Specifications
- Engine Type/ Displacement 1.0 L SCe Petrol
- Power 68 PS
- Torque 91 Nm
- Transmission (Gearbox) 5-speed Manual Transmission
- Mileage (estimated) Manual – 23.01 KMPL
- AMT – 24.04 KMPL
- This 1.0 L unit boasts a peak power and torque output of 68 PS and 91 Nm respectively.
Renault Kwid Climber Dimensions
- Length 3679mm
- Width 1579mm
- Height with roof rails 1513 mm
- Wheelbase 2422mm
Renault Kwid Climber Features
- Two Tone Orange ORVMs
- Sporty steering wheel with Climber Insignia
- Rugged Bumper Overriders
- Front and back faux skid plates
- Orange highlights on centre console
- Orange side repeaters
- Two Tone Orange Gear Knob (only in MT)
- New Climber Insignia on front doors and rear windshield
- Alloy wheels
- New Orange door trim accents
- Orange Energy Upholstery with Climber Insignia
- The list of features of the Kwid Climber is similar to the standard car. The new variant of
- the Kwid is based on the top end RxT(O) trim.
Renault Kwid Climber Design
Kwid Climber has a more muscular look as compared to a standard hatchback. The rear and front bumpers have faux skid plates. If we compare the production spec Renault Kwid with the official images, then only noticeable changes are in the form of black inserts for the front bumper and alloy wheels. Other design updates include orange exterior highlights, orange wing mirror casing, ‘Climber’ decals and a new shade of blue.
Again, like the exterior of the Kwid Climber, the interior of the production spec model has been toned down. Changes include orange highlights for the cabin and new seat covers.