Kwid is taking Renault’s success to a new level, and has been proving its trustworthiness constantly. The small car was launched in September 2015 and it came out as a stellar performer. By Novermber 2016, over 1 lakh models were sold. Last year, Renault added two new versions- Kwid AMT and Kwid 1000cc, which increased the sales more. Well aware of its market value, the company is planning to add more variants to the model series. As a result, we will probably see more derivative of Kwid in India one of which is Renault Kwid Climber.
In 2016 Auto Expo, the Kwid Climber was shown in concept form. As a matter of fact, dealer training for this model has already started indicating that it will launch soon.
It is basically an accessorized version of the regular Kwid and will also use the same 100 cc engine like Kwid 1.0 liter variant. It will be powered by a 5 speed manual gearbox.
Renault Kwid Climber Launch Date
At present, the launch date is not sure. However, if media reports are to be believed they suggest that the new model will launch in March 2017.
Renault Kwid Climber Price
- Minimum Rs 4.25 lakh
- Maximum Rs 4.5 lakh
Climber will be pricier than the standard model as it will flaunt additional accessories and features. The estimated price for accessorized model will be around Rs. 50, 000 more than the Kwid 1000 cc priced at Rs. 3.95 lakh, therefore expect the car to sell at Rs. 4.50 lakh.
Renault Kwid Climber Specifications
- Specifications Kwid Climber
- Engine 1.0-litre SCe 3-cylinder
- Power 67bhp @5,500rpm
- Torque 91Nm @4,250rpm
- Transmission 5-speed MT
Renault Kwid Climber Mileage
- Powered from the 1000 cc, three cylinger engine, this new model will surely deliver impressive fuel economy. On the Kwid 1.0-litre, this unit returns 23.01kmpl in manual version.
Renault Kwid Climber specs
Renault Kwid Climber Exterior
- Renault Kwid has got SUV like dynamic looks, and will have distinct tyres, higher ground clearance, short overhangs and wide tracks. Going by the images leaked online, the model is painted in an exclusive electric blue color with orange outside rear view mirror caps and in front and on wheels. The new bumper will flaunt bolder plastic garnish around the fog lamps and a silver skid plate.
- On the sides, this new model has got a thicker black plastic cladding across the doors, exclusive multi-spoke alloy wheels and a Climber badge on the front door. At the back, the hatchback will probably have a silver bumper garnish.
Renault Kwid Climber Interior
We are expecting many changes inside the cabin with a bunch of new features and plusher material. Also it will have a number of off-road characters like snap hooks, shoulder and seat belt strap. The cabin looks more upmarket with Nappa leather seats and steering wheel. Inside the cabin, the Kwid Climber gets contrasting orange shades on the gloss black centre console, gear knob, seat bolsters and door panels.