The brand new 2018 Range Rover Velar SUV is officially debuted at the 87th Geneva Auto Show. The Velar is the fourth member of the Range Rover family, the last one was the original Range Rover in 1970.
The name ‘Velar’ is originated from the word ‘velaris’, which means “to cover or veil”. In terms of price and size, the new Land Rover SUV spots between the Evoque and Range Rover Sport. While the Velar will be launched in UK this summer, it will arrive in India in the second half of 2017.
Range Rover Velar will be manufactured in Solihull-based plant in UK. In India, it will come in CBU form. Just like Jaguar F-Pace it will designed on all-aluminium IQ platform. The all new Velar will be spread across three trim levels- S, SE and HSE.
Advertised as Land Rover’s de-facto coupe model, this SUV will be as spacious and practical as the Porsche Macan and Jaguar F-Pace.
2018 Range Rover Velar India Launch Date
It will be first launched in UK by June-August 2017, while in India it will be launched by the end of this year.
2018 Range Rover Velar Price in India
- Variant Estimated Price, Ex-showroom
- Base Model Rs 70 lakh
- Top Model Rs 1 crore
This being a CBU model will be very costly in India. The price can go from Rs. 70 Lakh – Rs. 1 Crore. While the UK spec model will be priced around $50,895.
Range Rover Velar India Specifications
- Models Engine
- D180 2.0L Ingenium 4-cylinder Diesel (180PS/430Nm)
- D240 2.0L Ingenium 4-cylinder Diesel (240 PS/500 Nm)
- D300 3.0L V6 Diesel (300 PS/700 Nm)
- P250 2.0L Ingenium 4-cylinder Petrol (250 PS/365 Nm)
- P380 3.0L Supercharged V6 Petrol (380 PS/450 Nm)
Range Rover Velar India Exterior
Massimo Frascella, Land Rover’s exterior creative director, said, “We wanted to elevate Range Rover’s design DNA to a new level. We were looking for a new level of simplicity, with the flush door handles and slim LED lights. This will do so much for Range Rover.”
- First Land Rover car to get the smallest LED headlamps with laser technology
- Signature cross mesh style grille
- LED daytime running light pattern
- Angular vented bumper and clamshell bonnet
- Elongated side slit
- Pronounced wheel arches fitted with 22-inch tyres
- Length 4,803mm
- Width 2,032mm
- Height 1,665mm
- Sits on a 2,874mm wheelbase
- 213mm ride height
Range Rover Velar India Interior
- Two dashboard integrated 10-inch screens
- Top screen is conventional infotainment screen with reversing camera displays
- Lower screen comes with cooling, climate control and seat heating and terrain response controls for the first time ever
- Minimal control knobs such as for climate control adjustment.
- Two optional seat upholstery – a leather interior or a premium cloth interior package
- The instrument cluster has two options – a large 12.5-inch full digital instrument cluster and two analogue dials with a 5-inch TFT screen in the centre.
- 20 ways electronically adjustable seats with heating and cooling feature