Mahindra owned SsangYong was not a great success in Indian market. The Rexton failed to pull buyers away from the likes of Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, and probably this stopped Mahindra from launching more SsangYong badge cars in India. So, instead of directly selling SsangYong cars in India, Mahindra will now launch them under its own badge with a new name. The new 2018 Rexton is among the upcoming Mahindra SsangYong cars.
2018 Mahindra SsangYong Rexton Launch in India
Mahindra SsangYong Rexton (Y400) is expected to launch by the end of 2017 or early 2018.
2018 Mahindra SsangYong Rexton Price in India
- Mahindra SsangYong Rexton (Y400) Base Model Rs. 25 lakh
- Mahindra SsangYong Rexton (Y400) Top Model Rs. 35 lakh
- Both petrol and diesel models are expected to go on sale.
2018 Mahindra SsangYong Rexton India Specifications
Mahindra has been working on a new range of engines along with SsangYong. These engines will power the upcoming Mahindra SUVs in India. The petrol variants could draw power from a turbocharged 2.0 L unit that puts out around 225 BHP. The diesel variant of the 2018 Rexton aka Mahindra Y400 to get a 2.2 L Diesel good for around 181 BHP. Transmission duties will be handled by either a 6-speed manual or a Mercedes-sourced 7-speed automatic gearbox.
2018 Mahindra SsangYong Rexton Features
- LED headlamps
- LED DRLs
- Tail lights with LED detailing
- 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support
- 3D Around View Monitoring system
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Memory function for driver’s seat and wing mirror settings.
- 10-speaker Infinity audio system
- Auto-locking function
- Nine airbags
- Autonomous driver assistance systems
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Blind spot assist
2018 Mahindra Y400 Design
The upcoming Mahindra SUV will be very much same as the SsangYong Rexton. However, designers of the Mahindra will give the SUV their own styling touches. It could get a new grille up front, a new set of alloy wheels and Mahindra badging everywhere. As far as interiors are concerned, we might get to see a new different steering wheel design and different color scheme. This new model will be based on the LIV-2 concept that was shown at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. SsangYong Rexton 2018 will feature three rows of seats with seating capacity of 6-7 people.