There has been a lot of buzz about the launch of Tesla’s most economically priced car- The Model 3. It is one of the most awaited cars from the American car manufacturer and though it looks like altered version of the Model S, it still looks very attractive.
While you might think that this car is only for the American and European markets, well surprise, surprise, it will come to India too and might change the dynamics of the electric car market in India.
Tesla Model 3 Expected Price : ₹ 23 – 25 Lakh
Tesla Model Expected Launch: Mar 2018
Here are a few things you need to know about the Tesla Model 3:
- Tesla’s range will now include three cars- the Model S, the Model X SUV and the Model 3, our of which the Model 3 is the most reasonable of all. The starting price is US$ 35, 000 (approx. Rs. 23.2 lakh) for the base trim.
- The Tesla Model 3 was first launched in March 2016 and at that time Musk announced that the deliveries would begin later in 2017. The delivery of the Model 3 is actually ahead of schedule.
- It is a practical, 5 seater car with enough space for passengers and luggage.
Right before its global debut, Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk tweeted that online booking for the Model 3 would soon start in Singapore, India, Ireland, Brazil, South Korea, South Africa and New Zealand. In fact in less than a week the manufacturer received 3,50,000 pre-orders for the car which shows people are taking huge interest in electric car.
- The Model 3 is fast as well. The car’s powertrain is fitted with a total of 7,200 Superchargers and can go from 0-100 kmph in less than 6 seconds.
- On a single full charge, the Model 3 can give a range of 402 km. On a single full charge, the Model 3 can give a range of 402 km. It is supercharging compatible too which means that the car can be charged to half capacity within 20-30 minutes.
- Despite being the most affordable model from the Tesla it comes with features like Autopilot. This allow the Model 3 to steer itself within the lane and change lanes at the touch of the turn signal. It’s the type of equipment that’s now been made available in cars like the new-gen Audi A8 and even the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
- As per Elon Musk’s tweet, Model 3 will be available in India in 2017, but it looks unlikely. We hope to see it next year in India.
- When it will come to India, it will take the CBU route. But, according to Tesla’s Chief Information Officer, Jay Vijayan, the company is planning to build a manufacturing facility in India.
Also Read Top 10 Upcoming Cars In India 2017